Our Commitment to Cleanliness
At Darmic, our guest’s safety is always our top priority and both Darmic and the Waikiki Banyan are following all applicable city, state and federal statutory and regulatory requirements – as well as offering our guests completely contact-less check-in (and check-out) and full sanitizing cleans between bookings.
In conjunction with our professional cleaning partners, Midway Housekeeping, we have implemented new sanitization procedures which build upon our already high standards of cleaning in all suites.
We can assure our guests:
- Our cleaning partner is compliant with the CDC/VMRA Guidelines for COVID-19.
- Their crew are trained accordingly and will wear appropriate PPE when carrying out their services
- In addition, our Darmic team are focused on ensuring we follow CDC and government guidelines on health and hygiene standards
- We are also following the recommended health and safety precautions and ensuring that our team maintain high hygiene standards at all times, including practicing proper hand sanitizing procedures and cough etiquette.
As is the case with any shared space, we cannot guarantee that guests will not encounter others at the property who have the virus; however, we are very committed and focused on our enhanced safety measures at all times.
Extra Cleaning Protocols
In addition to our standard cleaning procedures the following extra steps are taken after a guest has departed:
- Disinfection and sanitization using EPA approved products (hospital-grade disinfectants).
- All linen will be removed (including blankets, comforters and bed runners) and are laundered between guests with 160 degree heat.
- Surfaces such as light switches, lamps, cupboard handles, doorknobs, remotes, appliances, electronics, and provided amenities will be wiped down
- In the kitchen all dishes, pots, pans and flatware will be washed – even the clean ones.
- High-contamination sites will be sanitized: all surfaces, light switches, doorknobs, lamps, remote controls, appliances, water faucets, refrigerator door handle, toilet, kitchen items (coffee maker, toaster, kettle, rice cooker, etc), waste baskets, upholstery, etc.
- Entry doorknob and keypad will be sterilized before leaving the suite.
The Waikiki Banyan (which is a multi-use location) is also providing extra cleaning and disinfecting of the shared lobby areas, elevators, lobby bathrooms etc as per CDC guidelines.
Keeping Up to Date
It is important that you keep informed about the current travel rules and safety guidelines that may affect your trip.
The island of Oahu has its own set of rules and regulations relating to COVID-19. For the most up-to-date information, please review the oneoahu.org website and and familiarise yourself with the current restrictions in place. Under the Honolulu Re-opening Strategy you will find information about the framework currently in place for reducing the spread of Covid-19 and the four tiers.
The latest information for travellers to Hawaii can be found here: hawaiicovid19.com/travel including information on the pre-arrival COVID-19 testing and quarantine information.